In Data Analytics, that is a very relevant question, and something I look to implement in most projects, sometimes it is too easy to click the shortcut icon to your spreadsheet application!
Here we are looking to bring a little automation into these videos. Building on How to import data from files and Removing characters from an imported CSV file this video connects to a Microsoft Azure cloud database table, brings in the data with errors on it, fixes the errors and displays the correct output on the screen.
What can this do for organisations?
There are several benefits to automating this step:
- Less manual intervention if there is a need to fix data issues.
- Better productivity.
- Better data flows with no errors and quicker reporting.
Moving away from files
The process of moving away from files and into automation has several steps:
- Be clear on your data needs.
- Understand what you are trying to achieve.
- Build a process that is repeatable but can be updated easily.
- Ensure that you build in data quality checks, helps deliver the better output to the users.
Thanks for stopping by!
Data Analytics Ireland