Taking it further with a python excel chart.
We have created some video content here using Python with Excel that illustrates the different ways you can leverage Python to
- Data cleanse
- Find unwanted characters
- And see if the file is empty before import!
What this video is giving as output
Here we are looking to introduce charts in Excel, and how how to use Python to easily work with your data and export to an excel sheet.
Below is the final output of our two charts, this is for illustrative purposes, and is taken from the Irish Governments website as at 1st May 2020, importing the cell ranges associated with them.
How we went about it
In the below video on creating a python excel chart, we have approached this as follows:
- Created four separate data frames, they are the four regions that will feed into the creation of the graphs.
- Separate to this, we merged the four data frames into one, to use with the bar chart.
And to finish off
- We created matplotlib charts and
- We exported the file to Excel using openpyxl.
If you like what this video has explained, please click to see our YouTube channel for more informative videos.
Data Analytics Ireland